As Governor Romney and Attorney General Reilly work diligently to prevent marriage between two people of the same sex, others have been busy drafting a Constitutional Amendment codifying all marriages entirely on biblical principles.
After all, G-d wouldn't want us to pick and choose which of the Scriptures we elevate to civil law and which we choose to ignore:
Draft of a Constitutional Amendment to Defend Biblical Marriage:
* Marriage in Massachusetts shall consist of a union between one man
and one or more women. (Gen 29:17-28; II Sam 3:2-5.)
* In lieu of marriage (if there are no acceptable men to be found),
a woman shall get her father drunk and have sex with him. (Gen
* Marriage shall not impede a man's right to take concubines in
addition to his wife or wives. (II Sam 5:13; I Kings 11:3; II Chron
* A marriage shall be considered valid only if the wife is a virgin.
If the wife is not a virgin, she shall be executed. (Deut 22:13-21)
(This is where Governor Romney's resurrection of the Death Penalty
will come in handy.)
* Marriage of a believer and a non-believer shall be forbidden. (Gen
24:3; Num 25:1-9; Ezra 9:12; Neh 10:30)
* Since marriage is for life, neither the Constitution nor any state
law of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts shall permit divorce. (Deut
22:19; Mark 10:9-12)
* If a married man dies without children, his brother must marry the
widow. If the brother refuses to marry the widow, or deliberately
does not give her children, he shall pay a fine of one shoe and be
otherwise punished in a manner to be determined by law. (Gen.
38:6-10; Deut 25:5-10)
I hope this helps to clarify the finer details of the Government's
righteous struggle against the infidels and heathens among us.